Updated 31 March 2015
St. James Catholic Church of Redondo Beach provides this Web site for information, inspiration, education, participation in Church life and spiritual growth.
It is important to realize that your use of this site is not solely for your own private enrichment. Parts of this site may include interaction with other people. The nature of the Web and the Church require courteous and thoughtful discourse.
By visiting this site, users agree to adhere to certain standards of interactive conduct. These standards apply to use of interactive features including but not limited to discussion groups, chat, e-cards, calendar listings, news, blog comments and e-mail to addresses contained in this site.
What are the Standards of Discourse?
In any interaction with this site, visitors agree to refrain from:
- using language that can be generally construed as offensive, derogatory, judgmental, demeaning or humiliating
- “flaming,” or “spamming,” or any practice that floods an individual with unwanted and/or derogatory communication
- comments, statements or terminology that can be construed as disparaging towards another’s race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, immigration status, presumed ideology (e.g., “conservative” or “liberal”), or religious affiliation
- online shouting, that is, USE OF ALL CAPS IN ANY MESSAGE
- linking to offensive sites, including those that are pornographic, racist or which advocate violence or prejudice against any group or individuals
- disclosing private information about others
- attacking or undermining another’s reputation or good name, that is, calumny, libel or slander
- use of copyrighted material from this site without permission.
What are Violations of Gospel Standards?
The Saint James Catholic Church of Redondo Beach web site exists solely to advance the Good News of Jesus Christ and the building of the Kingdom of God. Therefore, the St. James Catholic Church of Redondo Beach site retains the right to remove communications and/or block interactive participation from anyone whom it decides has objectively violated Gospel standards of conduct, sensus fidei or consensus fidelium, whether or not such violations are enumerated above, without intended detriment to that individual’s intent, faith or reputation.
What steps will be taken when these standards are violated?
Anyone deemed to have violated any of the above standards, or any other individual instance considered related to any of the above standards, may be blocked from certain interactive features of this site and/or have his or her messages removed. If any violation of the above standards represents, indicates or suggests an intent or threat to break the law, the violator’s information, including ISP and IP address, will be provided to the appropriate law enforcement agencies. Although they may not use site features, hackers who interfere with the operation of the St. James Catholic Church of Redondo Beach web site or obtain information from the site without permission or spammers who harvest e-mail addresses from this site are also subject to prosecution.
What is the recourse when a decision is made?
Those deemed to be in violation of the Standards of Discourse or Gospel Standards by St. James Catholic Church, its employees, volunteers, agents or contractors, are not permitted to dispute decisions regarding any limitations of their use of this Web site. They may, however, ask to be reinstated after a period of three months.